Congratulations on your admission to UMD!
Take your next steps in joining the Bulldog community! Confirm your intent to enroll and select a registration session by following the steps below.
Step 1: Initiate (claim) your UMD internet ID account
This is your unique account ID that gives you access to U of M network resources. To access the orientation system, you need to initiate your UMD Internet ID Account. If you've already checked your UMD application status online or submitted your housing application - this step is already completed. You can move on to Step 2.
- Locate your UMD Student ID
- Create a password. Please view the tips on how to create a good password. Record your password in a safe place. (Do not share your password with anyone else)
- Write down your internet ID in a safe place as well. You will need to use your ID and password a number of times during orientation.
Go to umn.edu/initiate
Step 2: Log into your UMD email
Your University email account is the official means of communication at UMD.
The University uses Google Mail (Gmail) as our email platform. Your UMD email address is [email protected] For example, if your Internet Id were champ021, your email address would be [email protected].
There are a couple of ways to access your email account
- You can go to myu.umn.edu, sign in with your UMD Internet ID and password, and click the email icon in the upper right.
- You can go to gmail.umn.edu, sign in with your UMD Internet ID and password.
Check your email regularly and be sure to set a strong password for your account. You can also configure your phone or mobile device to receive email.
Change your Email Domain (if you've been admitted to, are transferring from, or took courses at another U of M campus) Please see this link for information on completing this process. The process typically takes 24 hours or less, other than Friday-Sunday. If it seems like your request has not been received, or if you're not sure what to do, please contact the Twin Cities Helpdesk at 612-301-4357 or [email protected].
Step 3: Pay the confirmation fee and select an online registration session
Please note: You must complete Steps 1 and 2 before completing Step 3.
When you pay the non-refundable confirmation fee, you are officially accepting our offer of admission and confirming that you will enroll for and attend classes at UMD starting in the term designated in your offer. The confirmation fee funds programs that support students in their first year at the University.
- Fee for High School Students: $150
- Fee for Transfer Students: $100
- Log in to UMD's Confirmation/Sign-Up System with your internet ID and password. Your internet ID is everything before the @d.umn.edu of your email address.
- Click on Pay my Confirmation Fee.
- Pay the non-refundable confirmation fee.
- Click on Complete My Orientation Reservation.
- Follow the prompts to sign up for an Orientation session. The session dates you will see are the sessions available to you based on your academic program.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact our office at 218-726-6393.