Congratulations on your admission to UMD!
Take your next steps in joining the Bulldog community! Confirm your intent to enroll at UMD by following the steps below.
Step 1: Accept your offer of Admission and pay the confirmation fee
Step 2: Initiate (claim) your UMD internet ID account
This is your unique account ID that gives you access to U of M network resources. To access the Orientation Portal, you need to initiate your UMD Internet ID Account. If you've already submitted your Housing Application - this step is already completed and you can move on to Step 3.
- Go to umn.edu/initiate
- You will need your UMD Student ID number (this was included in your admissions letter).
- Create a password. Please view the tips on how to create a good password. Record your password in a safe place. (Do not share your password with anyone else)
- Write down your internet ID in a safe place as well. You will need to use your ID and password a number of times during orientation.
Step 3: Log into your UMD email
Your University email account is the official means of communication at UMD. Once you have confirmed your enrollment, most email will only be sent to your official UMD email address and not the email you applied with.
The University uses Google Mail (Gmail) as our email platform. Your UMD email address is your [email protected]. For example, if your Internet ID were champ021, your email address would be [email protected].
There are a couple of ways to access your email account
- You can go to myu.umn.edu, sign in with your UMD Internet ID and password, and click the email icon in the upper right.
- You can go to gmail.umn.edu, sign in with your UMD Internet ID and password.
Check your email regularly and be sure to set a strong password for your account. You can also configure your phone or mobile device to receive email.
Change your Email Domain (if you've been admitted to, are transferring from, or took courses at another U of M campus) Please see this link for information on completing this process. The process typically takes 24 hours or less, other than Friday-Sunday. If it seems like your request has not been received, or if you're not sure what to do, please contact the Twin Cities Helpdesk at 612-301-4357 or [email protected].
Step 4: Sign up for an Orientation, Advisement, & Registration (OAR) Date
Please log on to the Orientation Portal to complete your OAR Task List and sign up for your Bulldog OAR Date.
Please note that it may take up to 2-3 days from when you confirm your enrollment and initiate your account to when you are able to log into the OAR portal.
Be sure to continue checking your UMD email account and the Bulldog OAR website for important updates] for updates.